Let’s face it. If you want to lose weight, you’re going to have to eat less. Yes… yes… You don’t want to. You enjoy eating. Do you really have to cut down your calorie intake?
What if you eat the same amount and just exercise? No. You still need to eat less.
Ok… ok. You’ll eat the same amount, exercise like crazy and pop a few slimming pills too. That ok? No. You’ll still have to eat less.
Now that we have established that fact, we can move on. When we say eat less, it doesn’t mean that you will have to eat like a bird. You’ll always have enough food to eat, to stay strong, fit and healthy.
The problem society faces these days is that people eat too much. They eat when they’re happy. They eat when they’re sad. They eat when they’re hungry and they eat when they’re not hungry… out of fear that they might get hungry later.
Many people’s relationship with food is totally out of whack. The most crucial step to losing weight is consuming the correct amount of calories. Ideally, you should be aiming for a caloric deficit of 500 calories. You can find out the exact number by visiting http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
Once you aim to cut your calories, you will definitely end up eating less than you’re accustomed to. Since you’re already in the habit of eating a certain quantity of food daily, the body is going to feel a little hungry.
This is normal. You’re not starving. Your body needs time to adjust to the fewer calories. There will be slight discomfort and you may find yourself thinking of food often. You will need to exercise will-power and not eat. Maintaining the caloric deficit is imperative to losing the pounds.
Look at it as a challenge that you can surmount. Many people look at controlling their diet as a huge pain in the butt. With a negative attitude like this, they best prepare for a hemorrhoid attack.
There are 7 tips in this article to curb your appetite. These will help to a certain extent at controlling your cravings. Do note that within a week of maintaining a caloric deficit, your appetite will naturally diminish. The less you eat, the less you’ll want to eat. You stomach will shrink and you’ll require less food to feel satiated.
That may take a week or two to happen. Depending on how much you’ve been eating daily, it may take longer but rest assured that you will need less food as you go along.
1. Skip breakfast. This runs contrary to everything you’ve heard so far. However, studies have shown that the later in the day you have your first meal, the less you’ll eat throughout the day. If you really must have breakfast, go ahead, but keep it light and make sure it is protein based. Skip the sugary cereals and white bread.
2. Drink lots of water. It’ll make you feel full and very often people mistake thirst for hunger. You also need to be sufficiently hydrated to accelerate fat loss.
3. Consume a tablespoon or 2 of virgin coconut oil daily. It has been shown to reduce one’s appetite, make a person leaner and also less prone to storing fat.
4. Stay active throughout the day. Sedentary activities such as vegetating in front of the TV for hours, playing video games non-stop, watching movies at the cinema, etc. will automatically make you want to pop something in your mouth to munch. Avoid these activities.
5. Eat lots of vegetables. Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, carrots, cauliflower, kale, celery, etc. contain a ton of beneficial properties. Not only are they good for your health but they will also leave you feeling fuller for longer.
6. Use smaller plates. This is a psychological trick. Smaller plates look fuller with less food. So, your brain automatically assumes you’re eating a lot when you’re not.
7. Go to bed earlier. A bad habit that many people engage in is binge eating at night. This is usually because they’re awake watching TV and end up feeling hungry. If you find that you’re getting hungry at night, go to bed earlier. You will not struggle against cravings.
Follow the tips above and you will reduce the amount that you eat. Once you achieve this feat, your weight loss will go from being a possibility to a probability and finally, a reality. Your diet is that important to your success. Never forget that.
If you’re serious about losing weight, check out the best Weight Loss For Woman Program